Settling in to Little Bumbles
As each child and their parents/carers have different needs and you know these best of all, we do not have a rigid settling in programme. Staff will discuss and agree these arrangements with you individually. All staff and in particular your child’s ‘Key Person’ will endeavour to help you and your child feel at home and staff are always available should you have any questions or concerns.
A key person’s main duties will be to assist the child to settle into Early Explorers by:
- Introducing the parents/carers to the Early Explorers
- Talking with parents/carers
- Keeping a special watchful eye on the child in the first few sessions
- Assisting the child to integrate and settle well into the Early Explorers environment
- To provide for the emotional needs of the child e.g. to comfort and reassure the child at any time
- To care for the child's physical needs e.g. to assist with toileting or snack time as appropriate
- To identify the child's needs and incorporate them within the curriculum, ensuring that account is taken of race, culture, religion, language and family values
- Observing, keeping records and monitoring the child's progress
- Liaising with parents/carers, encouraging them to contribute expertise
- To develop a day-to-day rapport with parents/carers, informing them of their child's activities and achievements and being available, at the beginning and end of each session to answer any questions or concerns
- To contribute information about individual children to the planning of the Early Enquirers curriculum framework whilst respecting confidentiality as necessary
- To liaise in conjunction with parents/carers and with statutory/professional personnel as necessary
Above all, please feel free to ask any questions about what we do each day and the wide range of activities we provide for all the children. You can speak to a member of staff at any time and not just your child’s key person. If you need to speak to a member of staff not free at this time, then just ask one of the other staff members to let them know you wish to speak to them, and they will get back to you as soon as they can.