At Oasis we recognise that people are not two-dimensional beings; we are each a whole person with a broad range of aspirations and needs and these needs are interconnected. To truly help someone with their educational needs, it is vital to also be aware of their emotional needs, spiritual needs and economic needs.
As such, we believe in communities that are holistic, interconnected and totally inclusive. We call our model for these communities ‘hub.’ Watch the video above to learn more about our vision for hub.
Oasis Academy Aspinal is part of Oasis Hub Aspinal. The hub runs a number of services for the community. By ensuring that all these services are joined up and rooted in same ethos we want to see the entire community transformed for the better.
At Aspinal we are trying to develop the community aspect of our school and involve as many stakeholders as we possibly can.
We believe that the academy should be at the heart of the community and we are working hard to include hard to reach families and ensure everybody has full access to a range of services, whether that is education, health, employment, access to public funds/benefits.
Our priorities are:
1. To support Academy target for narrowing the gap between Pupil Premium Students and their peers
2. To support Academy targets for Educational Wellbeing
3. To offer holistic support to any vulnerable families
4. Establish Oasis Hub Aspinal as an inclusive place for all – modelling ethos, values of inclusion, equality, relationships, hope and perseverance
5. Develop a commitment to global ‘citizenship and establish mutually beneficial and sustainable Oasis Global Partnerships