Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
We aim to meet the needs of all individuals within our academy. Occasionally some children experience greater difficulties in aspects of their learning than others. These children are offered extra support within their class.
These students may be identified as having Special Educational Needs. In line with the Special Educational Needs & Disability(SEND) Code of Practice these children are placed on the academy’s SEND register. Their progress is closely monitored and reviewed at regular intervals. Individual Education Plans may be written for children with Special Educational Needs and are reviewed with parents/carers at Parents/carers’ Evenings or by arrangement. If necessary the academy is able to access many support agencies in order to help meet their needs.
The academy keeps a register of children who have specific talents or gifts in order to better meet their learning needs.
SENCo / Inclusion Officer: Matt Foster (0161 223 0053)
- Who is responsible for supporting children with SEN or a disability at the academy?
- How do staff know if my child has SEN or a disability and needs extra help?
- What provision is available at Aspinal?
- How will I be involved in my child's progress?
- What specialist support can the school access to support my child?
- How accessible is Oasis Aspinal for children with disabilities or SEN?
- How can the academy help with transition?