Once again all pupils took part in our annual Safeguarding Week in March. It was a great success and the pupils were really engaged.
We welcomed lots of visitors into school during
- The PCSOs delivered a presentation about knife crime to Y5/6.
- Healthy Schools were in school on No Smoking Day and also held a parent workshop about staying safe online and this was attended by several parents.
- Y3/4 learnt about keeping safe near water and electricity
- Reception Class learnt about avoiding accidents in the home and keeping safe.
- Nursery were able to meet and identify people who help us and were excited to welcome them into the nursery.
- The School Nurse joined Y1 to talk to the children about the dangers of medicines in the home. The Fire and Rescue Service spoke to Y1, 2, 3 and 4 children about keeping safe in the home.
- St Johns Ambulance delivered First Aid Training withY5/6.
- Y2 designed posters for a community project to decorate a planter that had been erected close to school.
- The PCSOs and Academy Council walked with the children to take their work to Woodland Road to try and encourage cars not to speed in the area. The class had been learning how to cross roads safely over the week with Miss Cairns.
Many Thanks to All Agencies who supported Oasis Academy Aspinal over the week.